Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Beginnings

I'm looking forward to the next few months for lots of reasons. One, Fall is my favorite season; two, we will be diving deeper into our greenhouse business; and three, we are building on to our house.

I have really enjoyed the past few days of cooler temperatures. I just feel better when it's cooler if that makes sense! The best sleep is when you can have the windows open. It's almost as good as camping. Even though it's been unusally cool this week, it will be short lived. We always have temps in the 80s and 90s here usually through the end of September. But it will seem like winter is coming quickly as we attempt for the first time to winterize and heat the greenhouse for the early spring vegetables and flowers.

Building on to the house is a much needed project around here. My son's room is really too small, as is the entire house. With the new addition, he will have a new bedroom with plenty of space to store his PS3 stuff, and I will no longer have to dodge Rock Band 2 drum sets and guitars as I try to navigate the tiny living room. My husband will have his big den, and the best part is I will finally have my own living area.

MY OWN SPACE!! With my stuff (an enormous term, we'll get to that later), my furniture and it's all mine. My room will even be off limits to the dog. I love her dearly, but I want one hair free, slobber free room. Is that too much to ask? The washer and dryer which now occupy the kitchen, are being relocated to the office- my son's current room. That means my Pyrex cabinet can go in the kitchen and I'll have room in the dining room for a real, grown up dining room set. Yes, I've made it all these many years without one. Now I can showcase china from both of my Grandmothers in a genuine china cabinet. Amazing isn't it? I only had to wait 38 years!

I'll be posting pics of our progress, with some before and afters of the inside. I will probably even ask for opinions on color options and how I should arrange the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!