Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Exent of my Halloween Decor

After admiring so many gorgeous, creative fall decorations in the blogs I follow, I have come to accept that my fall display  is what it is.  The pieces mean something to me, and while not on a grand scale, I like them.  Christmas however, will be a different story.  I already have tons of ideas of how I want certain things, my family treasures mixed in with (new to me) thrifted items to be be grouped and displayed. 



On top of the piano is my Carnival Glass Harvest Compote, a recently thrifted ghost tealight holder, a ceramic witch that I had as a child, the black cat metal candle holder that was my mom's when she was little, and a few pieces of orange and gold California Pottery.  The little IKEA spice jar on the right was my son's touch- it's filled with orange Cheez It crackers.  Take a last look at that lovely Carolina blue paint. My husband is a die hard Tarheel fan, and I never got around to changing it.  It is now "Divine White".  I've been busy painting for the last three days.




My mom's Independence Ironstone in the Old Orchard pattern creamer with Swedish Ivy and Boxwood topped with a seventies era scarecrow pick.


So that's it so far with the fall decor, except for a few pumpkins on the front porch on a mini haybale wrapped in grapevine.  It's been rainy and the whole porch is covered with soggy pecan leaves, so I'll spare you that lovely sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!