Friday, January 8, 2010

Thinking Warm

Today in my little piece of NC, the high temperature is 31 degrees.  Ouch!  So in keeping with the travel theme that launched when I found some souvenirs from Paris and New Orleans, we're headed south to sunny Florida!  At least when I look at my fun Florida souvenirs on the sideboard, I can think about being warm. 




The milk glass platter holds my Pyrex juice decanter, some yummy blood oranges, and an owl salt shaker I thrifted a few months ago.  Owls don't necessarily have anything to do with Florida, I just love the combination of turquoise and orange.



My Grandparents bought the Florida plate when they were living in Tampa.  The glass belonged to my husband's Grandma Sue.



I love these vintage postcards and thankfully Grandmom was a saver.  Here's hoping my sunny display brought you some temporary warmth.



Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I feel warmer already just thinking about Florida! Last year at Thanksgiving I was in Sanibel and it was wonderful. Oh well...I can dream and look at photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need some of those FL souvenirs sent my way so I can think warm thoughts. I'm watching the weather as I type this...tonight it is supposed to be -13!!!
    Stay warm!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!